This post is an extension of Thailand BOI cluster policy. Agro-processing industrial cluster targets the areas in different regions according to the raw materials that are available in the area. This is to boost the level of support and cooperation in all facets of the business, in order to strengthen the industrial value chain, enhancing investment potentials and competitiveness and expand socioeconomic development to regional and local levels.
Location in the northern region: Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Lampang and Lamphun. The raw materials available are vegetables, fruits and herbal products.
Location in the northeastern region: Khon Kaen, Nakhon Ratchasima, Chaiyaphum and Buriram. The raw materials available are livestock, tapioca, sugar cane and maize.
Location in the lower central region: Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi, Phetchaburi and Prachuab Khiri Khan. The raw materials available are sugar cane, pineapple and rubber.
Location in the eastern region: Rayong, Chanthaburi and Trad. The raw materials available are fruits and rubber.
Location in the southern region: Chumphon, Surat Thani, Krabi and Songkhla. The raw materials available are palm, seafood and rubber.
The eligible activities for Thailand BOI special incentives are
- Plant and Animal Breed Improvement
- Natural Extracts / Product from Extracts
- Active Ingredients from Natural Raw Materials
- Medical Food or Food Supplement
- Grading, Packaging and Storage of Plants, Vegetables, Fruits or Flowers Using High Technology
- Trading Centers for Agricultural Produces
- Products Manufactured from Natural Rubber (Must be located in Rayong, Kanchanaburi, and Songkhla only.)
- Rubber Processing Industrial Estates / Zones (Must be located in Rayong, Kanchanaburi, and Songkhla only.)
Thailand Board of Investment will grant the benefits as follows:
- 3 – 8 year corporate income tax exemption and an additional 5-year 50% reduction
- Import duty exemption on machinery
- Consideration of granting Permanent Residence to the leading specialist
- Permission for foreigners to own land to implement the promoted activities