Foreigners who want to work in Thailand can apply for Residence Permit provided that the following qualifications are met:
- The applicant has to be in a position of executive officer such as President of Committee or Committee of juristic person registered in Thailand with a capital of at least Baht 10 million and is authorized as a signatory for such juristic person, up to the date of application submission, for at least 1 year. The applicant must earn at least Baht 50,000 per month, up to the date of application submission, for a period of 2 consecutive years as minimum and tax return is required and
- The business in which the applicant works must be of an interest of national economy i.e.
- International commerce where its export value in foreign currency in the past 3 years reached a threshold of Baht 20 million in average. This fact must be certified by a letter issued by commercial bank concerned or a company that provide loan to domestic manufacturing company by brining into this country, within the past three years, foreign currency at the amount not less than Baht 100 million or
- Tourism related business which in the past 3 years has brought into this country, at least 5,000 tourists in average. This fact must be certified by the letter issued by the authority concerned or
- Other type of business that the applicant is a shareholder of at least Baht 5 million for a period of at least 2 years up to the date of application submission.
In case the applicant could not meet any qualification as mentioned in A and B above, then the following requirement is required:
- The applicant is a holder of work permit for at least 3 consecutive years up to the date of qualification submission and
- The applicant has been working in the current company for at least year up to the date of application submission and
- The applicant is earning annual income of at least Baht 80,000 per month for a period of at least 2 years, up to the date of application submission or has been filing tax return for the amount of annual income of Baht 100,000 for at least 2 consecutive years, up to the date of application submission.