If you are planning to create a technology based startup in Thailand, you are considered a startup entrepreneur. You are lucky because Thailand Board of Investment offers a smart visa for startups entrepreneurs who will create a business in one of the targeted industries. You will enjoy many benefits as follows:
- Holders of Smart Visa for startups has a renewable maximum 2-year permission to stay in Thailand.
- You will not need a work permit.
- Instead of 90-day reporting to the Immigration, you will do it yearly at the One Stop Service Center.
- No need to get a re-entry permit. You can come in and go out of Thailand as often as you like.
- Your spouse and children will also get to stay in Thailand for the same duration as yours.
- Your spouse can also work with no work permit for as long as you have the smart visa.
- You have a fast -track service at international airports in Thailand.
Qualifications of the people who can apply for smart visa for startups:
- Having registered a startup company in Thailand, which is certified as one in the targeted industries by relevant government agencies such as the National Innovation Agency and Digital Economy Promotion Agency.
- Holding at least 25% of the company’s shares or being a director of the company.
- Having a balance, for at least 3 months, not less than Baht 600,000 in a bank account in Thailand or in the country of their nationality or residence.
- Having health insurance covering the entire stay in the kingdom.
Note that even though you have a smart visa for startups, you will need to get the Board of Investment promotion for your company. Talk to ThaiLawyers about Thailand BOI company registration today.