Foreigners wishing to visit Thailand for business purpose can apply for a three-year Non-Immigrant Visa “B”. This type of visa is issued to a businessman for multiple-entries and valid for 3 years. It allows you to visit Thailand for several times as you need as long as the visa is still valid. However, you are allowed to stay for a period of not exceeding 90 days during each visit. Please note that this kind of visa does not automatically permit you to work in Thailand. You always need to have a work permit so as to work legally in Thailand.
You can submit the application and required documents at the Royal Thai Embassy or the Royal Thai Consulate-General in your country of residence, or at the Royal Thai Embassy which has jurisdiction over your country of residence.
The following required documents must be provided to submit for a three-year Non-Immigrant Visa “B”:
- An application form completed in full and signed by applicant.
- A passport valid for travelling to Thailand with sufficient remaining validity.
- Two passport-sized photographs (4x6cm) taken within the previous 6 months.
Additional documents which may be requested
- National ID. Card, Residence documentation or valid proof of identity.
- A letter from the employer giving details of the applicant’s position, length of employment, salary and purpose of the visit(s) to Thailand. If the applicant is self-employed, he or she must provide documentation of his or her business undertaking such as business registration and details of business operation.
- Copies of correspondence with business partners in Thailand.
- A letter of invitation from trading or associated partners/companies in Thailand.
- Corporate documents of associated partners/companies in Thailand.
- A letter of recommendation from previous employer or business associations of which the applicant is member.
Visa Fee is 10,000 THB which is non-refundable. Please note that the required additional documents may be submitted upon request when necessary.
ThaiLawyers strongly suggests that you contact the Thai embassy or consulate where you intend to apply for 3-year non-immigrant Business visa for more information. Thai embassies/consulates in different countries have full power to consider granting (or not) such a visa.
If you need help with your business visa and work permit in Thailand, contact ThaiLawyers.