This is part 2 of 3 posts on Thailand BOI Cluster Policy. You can read Thailand BOI Cluster Policy part 1 of 3 here.
In the initial stage of the Cluster Policy, the government has targeted to develop 2 types of clusters: super cluster and other targeted clusters.
- Super Cluster: includes clusters of businesses using advanced technology, and future industry, e.g.
- Automotive and Parts Cluster – 7 Provinces, namely, Ayutthaya, Pathum Thani, Chonburi, Rayong, Chachoengsao, Prachinburi and Nakhon Ratchasima.
- Electrical Appliances, Electronics and Telecommunication Equipment Cluster – 7 Provinces, namely, Ayutthaya, Pathum Thani, Chonburi, Rayong, Chachoengsao, Prachinburi and Nakhon Ratchasima.
- Eco- friendly Petrochemicals and Chemicals – 2 Provinces, namely, Chonburi and Rayong
- Digital-based Cluster – 2 Provinces, namely, Chiang Mai and Phuket
- Food Innopolis (Details are to be announced)
- Medical Hub (Details are to be announced)
- Other Targeted Clusters: includes other industrial clusters with competencies
Targeted areas are in different regions where raw materials are available as indicated in parentheses.
- Northern Region (vegetables and fruits, herbal products)
- Northeastern Region (livestock, tapioca, sugar cane, maize)
- Lower-Central Region (sugar cane, pineapple, rubber)
- Eastern Region (fruits, rubber)
- Southern Region (palm, seafood, rubber)
Textiles and Garment
- West Corridor connected to manufacturing source in Myanmar
- East Corridor connected to manufacturing source in Cambodia
- Bangkok Design, Sourcing, Trading Hub
Next post is Thailand BOI Cluster Policy – part 3 of 3, where you will learn about the incentives given by the Board of Investment.
Contact ThaiLawyers for all your BOI business needs, which help you with 100% foreign ownership of you business in Thailand.